Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Biodiversity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Heron

Default "Life"

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but my best guess is that it is.

Anyone else anticipating seeing the new "Life" series on the Discovery channel? It's being billed as sort of a sequel to the incredible "Planet Earth" series, and I can't wait to see it, although I'm a bit puzzled by their choice of talk-show hostess Oprah Winfrey as narrator. When has she ever evinced any interest in nature before?

Click here for a page with info on the series.

John
Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
WG Writer

Quote:
When has she ever evinced any interest in nature before?
Ive noticed Oprah has a wide variety of interests. Probably the reason she has become a multimillionair in the communications business.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
Heron

I think its a good thing. She'll draw people who normally might not be interested in such things.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Ive noticed Oprah has a wide variety of interests. Probably the reason she has become a multimillionair in the communications business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkweed View Post
I think its a good thing. She'll draw people who normally might not be interested in such things.
Yeah that might be a good thing about her doing the narration,and I'm sure she did a good job.

But I'm a fan of David Attenborough and feel it's only reasonable that he narrate every nature documentary ever made.

John
Old 03-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Heron

LOL I feel the same.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

There are two more from BBC documentaries out there that were excellent, You can watch one online, Nature’s Great Events | Watch Free Documentary Online Nature's Great Events was way cool. The other one was Planet Earth, Amazon.com: Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]: David Attenborough: Movies & TV . That might be online for free too. I like Oprah but... there's just something weird about her narrating instead of Attenborough. Doesn't matter, this new one is going to be as good as the other ones.

Last edited by Cirsium; 07-31-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Repaired link
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
There are two more from BBC documentaries out there that were excellent, You can watch one online, Nature’s Great Events. Nature's Great Events was way cool. The other one was Planet Earth, Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series. That might be online for free too. I like Oprah but... there's just something weird about her narrating instead of Attenborough. Doesn't matter, this new one is going to be as good as the other ones.
Back when HD-DVD and Blu-Ray were still fighting to see which HD format would prevail, I bought into HD-DVD, and among my 30 or so HD-DVD's are Planet Earth and Galapagos, both of which are amazing documentaries, particularly in the Hi-def format with 5.1 channel audio. Planet Earth is just plain mind-boggling.

I received a Blu Ray player as a gift last Christmas, so I'm ready for Life on Blu Ray now.

John

Tags
discovery, discovery channel, life, nature, nature programs, nature series, nature special, television