Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Biodiversity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #21
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Snails, trails and .............-dscf7361.jpg

Snails, trails and .............-dscf7362.jpg

Snails, trails and .............-dscf7363.jpg
Pretty striped snails I spotted beneath the underbrush while in the Seattle area.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #22
Official Plant Nerd

Have you ever seen any black and yellow Indian swirl marbles? Take a google for some and take another look at your snail. Pretty cool photos!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #23

Yes they do look a lot like them. Ever hear of marbles called bumble bees.....check those out...

Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #24
Official Plant Nerd

Uh huh. I know those. They're manufactured... the Indian swirls were hand blown. Let me guess... you collect marbles too. I keep a jar of manufactured marbles on my desk. That way if somebody ever asks me if I've lost my marbles I can tell them that I lost em but I found em. I have marbles on top of my refrigerator too and more in one of the bedrooms. You never know when you're gonna lose your marbles soooo... it's good to space them out so you can always find them.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #25

You are a card.... guessed me right again.... I seem to collect just about anything vintage. Nostalgia nestles right in.
I got most of them from my grandfather, rest his soul. We played potsie and all kinds of other marble games for keeps. I probably lost a few goodies but I never played with my favorites. Dad won a lot of our marbles from us. I couldn't believe he'd actually keep them from his own kids......Another one of lifes lessons I suppose.

I enjoyed looking them up and labeling them but you know what? I liked them better when they were all in his marble bag.. I think I'll take a look at them again when I have some time and snap a few photos and maybe, just maybe they'll go right back into his leather bag.

Tags
anguispira, anguispira alternata, clam, clam shell, clam shells, clams, photo, photographs of snails, photography, photos, photos of snails, pictures, pictures of snails, slimers, slug, slugs, snail, snail photos, snail pictures, snail trails, snails, trails, zebra mussel, zebra mussels