Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Aquatic Animals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Default Where's Waldo: Tidal Pool Edition

Jeff and I were lucky enough to get away to Ogunquit, Maine over Labor Day.

Going through our photos, I thought this one might work as a "Where's Waldo?". Hint...none of the snails are named Waldo.

Where's Waldo:  Tidal Pool Edition-20170902_165208.jpg
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #2

No guesses?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 10-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #3
Hippie Gardener

I'm seeing lots of snails....but no a Waldo. What am I missing?
Old 10-28-2017, 08:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjh View Post
I'm seeing lots of snails....but no a Waldo. What am I missing?
Interesting.

I guess I thought it was more obvious. Glad it's camouflage is working. I have to remember that I saw it move before I took the picture.

Sorry that I got a little crabby when no responses came in.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
A Bee's Best Friend

You know I thought it might be a crab right smack in the middle but was not sure. Is it a lady crab?

http://pollinators-welcome.blogspot.com/
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Hippie Gardener

Hmmm...I'm still not seeing it. You need to circle it for me, when this edition of WW is finished.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #7
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Ahhh now I see it!
GOOD ONE!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
Fox

pawprint Ok, I've got one for ya, now don't get crabby, when you can be frOggY

Oh my, that is a good one dapjwy, right there in the middle...but of course I've never have seen one of those before, so I didn't know what I was looking for. [look for the rather large saltwater octopus, katjh, maybe you will see it then...but it isn't an octopus? hahaha I don't know]

Here is an easy one for us land lubberz Two different pixs of the same subject, I too saw the little animal before I took the snapshots, but his camouflage is so good, he is difficult to find. Try to find in the first pix, and is much easier to find in the second pix...if ya know what your looking for ~~find waldo~~

wildwatcher
Attached Thumbnails
Where's Waldo:  Tidal Pool Edition-100_3439.jpg   Where's Waldo:  Tidal Pool Edition-100_3440.jpg  
Old 11-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
Hippie Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwatcher View Post
Oh my, that is a good one dapjwy, right there in the middle...but of course I've never have seen one of those before, so I didn't know what I was looking for. [look for the rather large saltwater octopus, katjh, maybe you will see it then...but it isn't an octopus? hahaha I don't know]

Here is an easy one for us land lubberz Two different pixs of the same subject, I too saw the little animal before I took the snapshots, but his camouflage is so good, he is difficult to find. Try to find in the first pix, and is much easier to find in the second pix...if ya know what your looking for ~~find waldo~~

wildwatcher
I DO see it! Funny thing is, that's what I was looking at all along. I just wasn't sure if it was "Waldo". Very good camo, that's for sure!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
Hippie Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwatcher View Post

wildwatcher
I think I see it...but I'm not sure what it is. My eyes just aren't as sharp as they used to be. Is there a way to enlarge photos that I should know about?

Tags
edition, pool, tidal, waldo