Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Aquatic Animals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Heron

Default No one photographs marine life?

I go on a couple of intertidal walks when we have low tides each year. The leaders are experts at naming stuff. I photographed 7 sea stars last year on one outing. There is another walk this next week. They search in the sea weeds and under rocks etc. its a great way to sea some sea life. Hermit crab, Lined chiton. Mottled star. Sea cucumber.
Attached Thumbnails
No one photographs marine life?-50-hermit-crab.jpg   No one photographs marine life?-52lined-chiton.jpg   No one photographs marine life?-52little-mottled-star-henricia-pumila.jpg   No one photographs marine life?-53orange-sea-cucumber-cucumaria-miniata.jpg  
Kildale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

It's pretty hard taking photos of anything like what you've taken photos of when you live half way between Chicago and Milwaukee.... well.... except for through thick glass at the Shedd Aquarium. I'll just have to live vicariously through your photos!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Heron

I'm in the same boat as Equilibrium except a little further south.

Back in the 1970's I used to get down to the Ft. Lauderdale, FLA area regularly and did a lot snorkeling, but I couldn't afford an underwater housing for my camera, and there was no such thing as an inexpensive camera that would work underwater back then.

If I ever find some of my slides I took of things like Chitons above water, I'll scan them and share them, but I lost most of those slides in a flood several years back.

John

Tags
chiton, crab, hermit crab, life, lined chiton, marine, marine life, mottled star, ocean, photographs, photos, sea, sea cucumber, tidal pool