View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #20
dapjwy
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Thanks...I had gone up a ways (not too far) on a ladder and began having second thoughts. The tree guy would've like to leave it up even higher--but there is no way I'd get up that high...and if it fell it would surely hit the house. I had second thoughts and finally told him to take it down to the ground and I'd do my best to carve what was left into something--almost immediately I began to regret it and decided that I want to give my original idea a chance. Thanks to you and that article, I just called him back and told him to leave it as originally planned.

I mentioned that leaving it jagged would be better for me than a flush cut...but I'm not sure he'll be able to do that...oh well. I'd rather err on the side of a big snag than regret not having it there. $#!+! I really better be able to do this!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote