View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
dapjwy
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
I can picture it already!
In my minds eye..... I see vegetation following all along it and down to the pond....
To make it blend in like a stream still flowing beyond.... I'd continue a lazy snaky line of vegetation leading to the woodland? below.

Just what is at its lower end...
It is hard to compete with someone elses imagination. I hope I can at least satisfy what I see in *my* mind's eye. I do want some vegetation to help blend it in and also hide where the stream begins... Eventually I think I can achieve something that will statisfy my vision...at least I hope I can.

There is more of a slope beyond, then it drops off to a steep hillside. If I make it follow the slope, it should look fine. And I will eventually have shrubs to disguise the drop off (right now there are Japanese honeysuckle there.

(*IF* we were ever able to buy the land behind us, I can envision a waterfall and another pond/wetland at the bottom. )
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote