View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
dapjwy
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
It seems.... YOUR interests may not also be HER interests. Everyone must decide for themselves what is important to them in their life.

If you've done your best including her on your outings, in your trials and errors, plantings and removals all through her growing years I don't think there's much more you can do. It's now up to her.

She, however has a little glowing ember inside planted by you!
It may take some time for her to realize just how important those things are or it may go out entirely...All you can do is keep on feeding it and hope it ignites.
havalotta,

I was thinking the same thing, but doubt I would have expressed it as well as you did. I agree with you about planting the ember inside.

Although I have no children of my own, it has occurred to me that, if I did, I wonder how difficult it would be for me if my child/children had no interest in or love of nature. I agree with havalotta; it could just take time for her to realize how attached she is to the natural world. Teen years are tough. (I meant for the teen...but I'm sure it is no picnic, at all, for the parents.)
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote