Thread: What are these?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
dapjwy
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

I found this interesting...as I enjoy exploring antiques and such and to actually figure out what something was used for is cool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWisc View Post
As to how I knew that, I grew up on a small farm. My father used to have one and he actually knew how to use it. Even though he had moved on to a tractor and hay mower by the time I'd arrived on the scene he tried to teach me how to use it. I never really did get the hang of it but it's not the kind of tool that you forget.
...and to hear stories from members and learn about other's experiences that differ from my own is very cool too. I almost feel like I'm just one step removed from all of this; my dad grew up on a farm that I think the family sold when he was 18. He had a huge garden on our 3/4 of an acre lot--my mother always said he wanted more land. I have to wonder if he didn't have experience using such a tool.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote