View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Equilibrium
Official Plant Nerd

Default Laurel Hill State Park, Pennsylvania

A little blurb on Laurel Hill, PADCNR-Laurel Hill State Park, “Laurel Hill State Park consists of 4,072 acres of mountainous terrain in Somerset County. The 63-acre Laurel Hill Lake is a focal point of the park. Laurel Hill is surrounded by thousands of acres of pristine state park and state forest lands. A trail system invites visitors to hike and explore the park and observe the diversity of plants and wildlife. Hemlock Trail passes through a beautiful stand of old growth hemlocks.”
--
They have quite a few trails ranging from easy… the Pumphouse Trail…. To difficult…. the Bobcat trail. These photos are from the Pumphouse and Waterline trails taken the end of September. They said the Waterline trail was moderate. I found it to be easy so I’m thinking the trails marked as difficult might not be all that difficult. I was limited to where I could walk and how many photos I could take because I stopped in by myself on the way to Pope’s house and was tagging along behind a park employee who was preparing for Earth Day I think he said. If he hadn’t been out and about on the grounds…. the only trail I woulda felt comfortable walking was the Pumphouse Trail because there were a few families with little kids in front of me. The Pumphouse Trail must be the most popular. There were quite a few folk taking it…. not so for the Waterline Trail. The only person I saw on that loop was the forester.
Attached Thumbnails
Laurel Hill State Park, Pennsylvania-img_0371.jpg   Laurel Hill State Park, Pennsylvania-img_0372.jpg   Laurel Hill State Park, Pennsylvania-img_0375.jpg   Laurel Hill State Park, Pennsylvania-img_0378.jpg